Cedar Wood Blocks Medium
Cedar wood is nature’s very own insect repellent and has been used for centuries to repel cockroach’s moths, fish moths, fleas and mildew. Unlike the harsh, poisonous smell of moth balls or insecticides, cedar wood is non-toxic, and smells absolutely divine. Squirrel these pieces of pure cedar wood amongst your clothes, books or linen for peace of mind that they’re protected by the natural aromatic oils in the wood. And you don’t need to replace them as often as moth balls either, if they begin to lose their smell, simply sandpaper them gently to release another layer of sweet, fresh smelling wood.
- 4 x blocks of 100% natural American Red Cedar Wood
- Place amongst your clothes, in drawers or amongst books
- Dimensions: each block is aprox 6cm (length) x 4cm (breadth) x 1cm (thickness)
Cedarwood releases aromatic compounds that naturally protect against and repel:
- Fish moths/silver fish
- An array of other insects
Why cedar wood
- Beautiful, fresh, natural fragrance
- Non-toxic and natural as opposed to poisonous moth balls and insecticides which could be carcinogenic
- Antibacterial and antifungal
- Repels instead of killing insects so you won’t have dead insects to contend with
- Last for years (which makes them economical too)
- Pet friendly
- Eco-friendly – cedar wood is not endangered
The average lifespan of American Red Cedar trees is 150 years (with a potential lifespan of 850 years) and their antibacterial and insect repelling propeties are one of the secrets to their longevity, making them resistant to insects like termites, fungus or bacteria.
How to use them
- Use 1 block per drawer or shelf
To reactivate your cedar wood, simply sandpaper them with fine grit sandpaper every 6 – 12 months.
6cm x 4cm x 1cm