2020 has kicked off and with that millions of people have written down their list of new year’s resolutions. While many resolutions are doomed to be broken from the beginning because they make people feel deprived, this is an opportunity to make resolutions that will bring you increased happiness, health and peace. Let this fresh start bring renewed hope to become the people we have always wanted to be.
Here a 5 New Year’s resolutions everyone should make:
- Eat a healthy diet. Don’t let a change in diet be something that makes you feel deprived but rather focus on eating an abundance of fresh vegetables, nuts, seeds, grass-fed protein and some gluten-free grains. Avoid excess sugar in the form of baked goods, fruit juice and treats. You will have more energy, clear up any skin problems, improve immunity and get rid of bloating.
- Quit smoking. Even though we know that smoking contributes to cancer, heart disease and strokes, it is still the trickiest habit to quit. Many people only last a few days before stress forces them back into the habit. In order to quit successfully, you need to adopt some stress-reducing habits like meditation, yoga, deep breathing and walking. You will also be more successful if you start a Banting diet because your blood sugar will become stable and cravings for cigarettes will be greatly reduced.
- Read more. Books stimulate learning and imagination in our brain. Instead of spending the evening glued to the TV or reading the depressing news in the paper, pick up a book and let yourself be transported into a different world.
- Spend more time outside. Resolve to spend an hour or more outside per day. This might mean waking up a bit earlier to do a walk in the park before work, spending your lunch break with your feet in the grass, or frolicking in the garden with your kids in the evening. Spending time outside connects you with nature and the infinite energy of the universe. It will also allow you to make more Vitamin D when you are exposed to natural sunlight.
- Keep a gratitude journal. The more time you spend focusing on the things that you DON’T have the more energy you are spending to ensure that you will never have those things. If you spend some time each day contemplating on the things that you DO have and simply being happy and grateful about them, the more of these things you will attract into your life. Write down 5 things you re grateful food each day.