Almond and Poppy Seed Bread sounds absolutely mouth watering for those banters who love and miss bread, here is a recipe to change the menu.
Banting breads are great when toasted and poppy seeds usually go well with lemon.
So as a serving suggestion we recommend toasting this bread and topping it with lashings of butter, avo and a squeeze of lemon. Enjoy!
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup dark flax meal, or flax seeds that you grind yourself
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp Xylitol
- 1/2 tsp Xantham gum
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a small loaf tin.
- Whisk together the eggs and the water in a bowl until well combined.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in another bowl and stir to combine.
- Fold the eggs into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased loaf tin and bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve.
- This loaf will last for a few days in the fridge.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
Source : Real Meal Revolution