Awesome Jalapeño Egg Cups
Do you own an egg muffin pan? If you have carry on, keep calm and follow the instructions, these little jalapeño egg beauts are a recipe that is used as part of a ketogenic diet.
The jalapeño is variously named in Mexico as huachinango and chile gordo. The cuaresmeño closely resembles the jalapeño. The seeds of a cuaresmeño have the heat of a jalapeño, but the flesh has a mild flavor close to a green bell pepper.
They will make 12 egg cups and are not too hot but will soon become your favourite recipe.
- 12 strips Bacon
- 8 large Eggs
- 113g. Cheddar Cheese
- 85g. Cream Cheese
- 4 medium jalapeño Peppers, de-seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Get all ingredients ready. Measure out all cheese and grate as needed. Prep the jalapeño by seeding and chopping them. Save 1 jalapeño that you can cut into rings as a garnish for the top. Preheat oven to 190C
2. Par-cook bacon so it’s semi crisp but still pliable. Save bacon grease in the pan.
3. Using a hand mixer, mix together eggs, cream cheese, chopped and seeded jalapeño peppers, leftover bacon grease, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Grease wells of muffin tin, then place par-cooked bacon around the edges.
5. Pour egg mixture into the wells of the muffin tin. Make sure you only go about half-way to 2/3 way up as they rise quite a lot.
6. Add cheddar cheese on the top of the muffin, then a jalapeño. Cook at 190C for 20-25 minutes.
7. Once cooked, remove from the oven to let cool. They will slowly deflate and give you a great treat.
8. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 12 jalapeño Popper Egg Cups. Each Egg Cup comes out to be 216 Calories, 19.3g Fats, 0.9g Net Carbs, and 9.6g Protein.
|Jalapeno Popper Egg Cups||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|12 strips Bacon||1246||123||0||0||0||32|
|8 large Eggs||560||40||4||0||4||48|
|113. Cheddar Cheese||456||38||1||0||1||28|
|85g. Cream Cheese||300||30||3||0||3||6|
|4 Jalapeno Peppers||17||0||3||2||1||1|
|1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder||4||0||1||0||1||0|
|1/2 tsp. Onion Powder||4||0||1||0||1||0|
|Salt and Pepper||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|Totals per Muffin ( /12 )||215.8||19.3||1.1||0.2||0.9||9.6|
This recipe is found on Ruled. Me and the pictures are also taken from the site Ruled. Me