The festive season is fast approaching and with that comes Christmas parties, year-end parties and plenty of gatherings with family and friends. It is important that we keep our Banting lifestyle up over the holidays because we don’t want to lose the bodies and health that we have worked so hard for over the past year.
You may find yourself around a lot of sweet desserts and since it is never a good idea to deprive yourself, we have come up with a healthy, high-fat, low-carb Banting ice cream recipe that will have you coming back for more! This recipe is also suitable for vegans.
• Put the cocoa powder, xylitol and coconut cream in a bowl
• Blend well with a stick blender (or put it in a blender if you don’t have a stick) and blend until smooth and creamy.
• Add the peppermint extract and blend again
• Add the cacao nibs or chocolate chips and mix them in with a spoon until well spread out
• Pour into containers and freeze until set.