Tips on how to make perfect tortillas:
This dough is not a normal dough as it contain zero gluten – hence – you need to be very gentle when rolling it out (Gluten is the stuff that holds dough together
and makes it stretchy) smaller, gentler rolling actions are less likely to damage the dough while you roll it out Lifting the dough, turning it and dusting it regularly will increase your odds of a perfect tortilla You will need a liberal dusting of flour as this is not a normal dough that gets tougher as it is kneaded Coconut flour is better than almond flour and almond flour is hellishly expensive, it makes a big difference to add the psyllium to the mix while it is as warm as possible
500g cauliflower, cut into florets
4 tbsp psyllium husks
¼ tsp salt
- steam or boil the cauliflower until it is completely mushy.
- Drain of alL excess moisture then, using a stick blender or food processor, puree the cauliflower until smooth.
- add the husks, eggs and salt and blend again. it is VitalLY important to use a blender for thisas it guarantees the maximum effect of the psyllium husk which is the gluten-like binding agent.
- Leave it to stand for no less than 15 minutes to thicken into dough.
- Break the dough into six balls and roll each one out into a tortilla shape. Use coconut flour for dusting.
- in a heavy based pan, dry fry each tortilla on a medium heat until nicely coloured on the outside and cooked in the middle. You could also bake them in the oven but the edges do tend to dry out.