Chicken Schnitzel with Nutty Coating that is delicious and the crust is banting friendly. Serves 4.
- 4 flattened chicken breast fillets
- black pepper
- 1 tsp (plus enough to season chicken) himalayan salt
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 60g pecan nuts
- 1/2 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- pinch white pepper
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 eggs
- coconut oil, for frying
to serve: lemon wedges
to garnish: flat-leaf parsley
to serve: green bean, tomato and onion salad
- Place the flattened chicken fillets on a surface. Spread the mustard and season well.
- For the crust: Chop the pumpkin seeds and pecan nuts until fairly fine and combine them with the pecorino cheese, desiccated coconut, dried rosemary, 1 teaspoon of salt and a pinch of white pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Break the eggs into a separate shallow bowl and beat well. Dip the chicken fillets into the egg one at a time, then into the crust mixture to coat, and place them on a metal rack.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and fry the schnitzels for at least 5 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- To serve: Serve schnitzels with lemon wedges and a green bean, tomato and onion salad, and garnish with parsley.
- Tip: Finely grated pecorino works best!
Source : Lose It