Coffee Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing sounds fabulous for a Sunday afternoon. This recipe makes 8 cupcakes, you might have double up because they are really delicious.
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1½ cups chopped, cooked pumpkin
- 2½ tsp instant green coffee powder (we used 2 sachets Skinny Green coffee)
- 80g xylitol
- 30g coconut flour
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- pinch of himalayan salt
For the icing:
- 100g cream cheese, softened
- pinch stevia
- 1¼ tsp instant green coffee powder (we used 1 sachet Skinny Green coffee), dissolved in a little water
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC. Line a muffin tin with paper cups. Blitz the coconut oil, eggs and pumpkin in a food processor until it is smooth.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl, stir in the egg mixture and mix well
- Spoon into the paper cups, bake for 25–30 minutes until firm, remove and allow to cool completely before icing.
- For the icing: Whisk all the ingredients until smooth, then ice the cooled cupcakes.
Serve the coffee cupcakes dusted with extra cocoa powder.
Source: Lose It Magazine