Aloe Vera is a succulent plant and a super food. It has been used for centuries as a cure-all for various external and internal health issues. Much like other well-known super foods, Aloe Vera is an adaptogen which works to either boost or calm the body in accordance with its needs. It’s a powerful plant and must be used wisely.
Here are 6 ways Aloe Vera can improve your health and wellness:
• Aloe Vera is high in many vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, E, C and B vitamins. It contains minerals like calcium, magnesium, selenium, zinc, iron, sodium and potassium. We need all these co-factors to ensure our body can constantly be performing the tasks that keep us moving, repairing, absorbing and eliminating.
• It is a wonderful remedy for any digestive ailment because it works to soothe the mucosa of our digestive tract as well as cleanse us of toxins. It can help with both constipation and diarrhea, depending on which is the problem. It helps to feed the healthy bacteria in the gut and this has many benefits for digestion and immunity. Aloe is must have for anyone with IBS.
• Aloe Vera is often found in natural toothpaste and mouth wash because of its anti-microbial and soothing properties. It is very effective for anyone with cavities, swollen and bleeding gums and dental and gum infections.
• It contains up to 20 amino acids which are essential for the growth and repair of our tissues, immune system and hormones.
• Aloe Vera is rich in polysaccharides, a type of plant sugar that boosts the ability of the white blood cells to fight infection. It contains the active ingredients that prevent the growth of infection causing microbial agents. This helps to prevent and treat bacterial, viral and fungal infections be they internal or external.
• Aloe may be a familiar ingredient in many of your cosmetic products. This is because it has high water content and can moisturise and rejuvenate the skin. It works to repair the collagen and elastin of skin, thus removing signs of aging. It has substances in it that prevent burning, itching and help to heal wounds so it is great to apply to any kind of burn, bite or cut. The list of benefits that Aloe provides the skin is endless, and since the skin replaces every 28 days this is the best thing you can do to ensure each new skin cell is vibrantly healthy.
If you are taking laxatives, diabetic medication or diuretics please avoid Aloe Vera products or ask your doctor if you can use them. Likewise, it is bet to avoid if you are pregnant or breast feeding as it may give a baby diarrhea.
Aloe 24/7 is a great product to use for the therapeutic effects of Aloe Vera. It is a slightly tart tasting beverage that is made from the mature Aloe Ferox plant. All traces of Aloe Bitters have been removed so there is no laxative action. You can purchase it here.