Foods For A Healthy Body
- Zinc and vitamin C – help to produce collagen, which give the skin elasticity.
- Essential Fatty acids – (omega 3 and omega 6) keep the skin supple and moisturised.
- Antioxidants (Vitamins A,C and E) – help to prevent signs of premature ageing.
- Water – Is essential for keeping skin hydrated
- Essential Fatty Acids (omega 3 and 6) promote glossy flexible nails.
- B Vitamins – are important in preventing hair loss
- Complex Carbohydrates – Such as fruits, cereals and wholegrain breads, release fuel from food gradually.
- Processed Sugar – Foods provide a short energy ‘high’ that wears off quickly.
- Dietary sources of Calcium include dairy, green leafy vegetables, nuts and cereals.
- Exposure to sunlight and eating oily fish will provide Vitamin D.
- Potassium is found in fruits and vegetables.
- B Vitamins also aid normal functioning of the nervous system.
- Dietary fibre (only found in plant based foods) forms soft, moist bulk which moves easily through the digestive tract.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 are the key for the breakdown of protein and the production of digestive enzymes.
Your diet can help to boost your fertility.
- Antioxidant Vitamin E promotes healthy reproductive tissues in men and women.
- Selenium is vital for healthy, mobile sperm and can reduce the chances of miscarriage.
- Vitamin B6 balances female hormones and B12 is known to increase sperm count.
- Calcium and Phosphorus are also essential for muscle contraction
- Vitamin D is needed because it helps the body absorb calcium.
- Antioxidant Vitamin A, C and E protect the brain from damage that can impair memory.
- Recently discovered Antioxidants called anthocyandins (found in many berries) are said to be more effective than vitamin E at protecting the brain from damage.
Ensuring healthy circulation and steadying the heart muscle is essential for your well-being.
- Magnesium is the most important nutrient for warding off heart disease.
- Calcium works with Magnesium to regulate the heart beat.
- Fibre reduces cholesterol levels that can strain the heart.
Boost Imune System
All antioxidant nutrients (Vitamins A, C, E, Zinc and Selenium) boost the bodies protection against disease and infection.
- Vitamins C is good for disarming harmful substances that weaken the immune system.
- Vitamin B6 is essential for the production of antibodies that help the body fight off infection.