Foods For A Healthy Body
Clear, glowing skin can be obtained from within by including the following nutrients in your diet.
- Zinc and vitamin C – help to produce collagen, which give the skin elasticity.
- Essential Fatty acids – (omega 3 and omega 6) keep the skin supple and moisturised.
- Antioxidants (Vitamins A,C and E) – help to prevent signs of premature ageing.
- Water – Is essential for keeping skin hydrated
Shiny Hair and Strong Nails
Hair and nails contain Zinc so dietary zinc is vital to their maintenance. Other Nutrients also help to keep hair and nails healthy.
- Essential Fatty Acids (omega 3 and 6) promote glossy flexible nails.
- B Vitamins – are important in preventing hair loss
Certain foods fuel the metabolism with sustainable energy.
- Complex Carbohydrates – Such as fruits, cereals and wholegrain breads, release fuel from food gradually.
- Processed Sugar – Foods provide a short energy ‘high’ that wears off quickly.
Healthy Nervous System
Potassium, Calcium and Vitamin D are vital in nerve communication.
- Dietary sources of Calcium include dairy, green leafy vegetables, nuts and cereals.
- Exposure to sunlight and eating oily fish will provide Vitamin D.
- Potassium is found in fruits and vegetables.
- B Vitamins also aid normal functioning of the nervous system.
Dietary Fibre , Vitamins B6 and B12 help to maintain a healthy digestive system.
- Dietary fibre (only found in plant based foods) forms soft, moist bulk which moves easily through the digestive tract.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 are the key for the breakdown of protein and the production of digestive enzymes.
Your diet can help to boost your fertility.
- Antioxidant Vitamin E promotes healthy reproductive tissues in men and women.
- Selenium is vital for healthy, mobile sperm and can reduce the chances of miscarriage.
- Vitamin B6 balances female hormones and B12 is known to increase sperm count.
Bones, Teeth and Muscles
Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium and Vitamin D are vital building for bones and teeth.
- Calcium and Phosphorus are also essential for muscle contraction
- Vitamin D is needed because it helps the body absorb calcium.
Memory and Concentration
Antioxidant-rich foods can help to improve your concentration and boost your brain power.
- Antioxidant Vitamin A, C and E protect the brain from damage that can impair memory.
- Recently discovered Antioxidants called anthocyandins (found in many berries) are said to be more effective than vitamin E at protecting the brain from damage.
Ensuring healthy circulation and steadying the heart muscle is essential for your well-being.
- Magnesium is the most important nutrient for warding off heart disease.
- Calcium works with Magnesium to regulate the heart beat.
- Fibre reduces cholesterol levels that can strain the heart.
Boost Imune System
- Vitamins C is good for disarming harmful substances that weaken the immune system.
- Vitamin B6 is essential for the production of antibodies that help the body fight off infection.