With Healing Foods, prolific author Margaret Roberts brings nature’s pharmacy into our homes and into our lives. Step by step, and easily accessible, she showcases the superfoods and warns of the danger foods, and lists the ailments we suffer from, offering comforting natural ways of correcting and rebuilding our health and regaining our vitality.
- The plant’s history and origin
- Instructions on how to grow the plant
- Medicinal uses and major nutrients
- Ideas on how to include the plant in the diet, along with recipes
- Cosmetic and household uses and other interesting facts and hints
The book concludes with an extensive A–Z list of ailments, with information on which danger foods to avoid and which superfoods, supplements and other therapies to consider to bring relief for each of the more than 100 common ailments discussed.