Low in calories and fat and cholesterol-free, mushrooms contain a modest amount of fiber and over a dozen minerals and vitamins, including copper, potassium, magnesium, zinc and a number of B vitamins such as folate. We bring you a lovely banting recipe with mushrooms, a great snack and we are sure the vegetarians will be happy.
Recipe from Real Meal Revolution
- 600 g button mushrooms (halved)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful thyme (stemmed)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 40 ml lemon juice (juice and zest of 1 lemon)
- 2 tbsp truffle oil
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper
- Get a BBQ or a griddle pan up to a high heat.
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers in water.
- Using a stick blender, blitz the the olive oil, thyme, garlic, lemon zest and juice and salt and pepper in a narrow jar
- Pour three quarters of the marinade over the mushrooms and mix them well. Once they have sucked up the marinade, skewer them on the bamboo skewers.
- Mix the remaining marinade with the truffle oil and keep a basting brush handy
- Now, grill the skewers over direct heat on the BBQ or on the griddle pan. Aim for 3 minutes on each side so they end up tender with some good caramelisation.
- Give them one final basting of the remaining marinade with a basting brush and move them to a serving dish
- Splash them with whatever marinade is left and a lots of salt and serve immediately.
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0,3 g||0%|
|Saturated fat 0,1 g||0%|
|Polyunsaturated fat 0,2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 5 mg||0%|
|Potassium 318 mg||9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3,3 g||1%|
|Dietary fiber 1 g||4%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Protein 3,1 g||6%|
|Vitamin A||0%||Vitamin C||3%|
|Vitamin D||1%||Vitamin B-6||5%|