Chicken livers are high in protein and a rich store of folate, which is important for fertility and helps prevent certain birth defects.
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 500g chicken livers, cleaned
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 red chillies, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 3 red tomatoes, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tsp xylitol
- himalayan salt and black pepper
Source: Lose IT
1. For the livers: melt ghee in a frying pan and fry livers until brown on the outside but still rare on the inside. Remove from pan and set aside
2. Add onion and garlic to pan with the wine and cook until soft and golden. Add paprika, seeded and chopped chillies, diced red peppers, diced red tomatoes, bay leaves, cream, xylitol and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Season and return livers to the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until just done.
4. To serve: Toss together salad ingredients and serve with livers and a drizzle of sauce
TIP: We recommend serving using cucumber or courgette ribbons and green olives as some of your salad ingredients with this dish.
Source: Lose It
|1 container (cooked, yield from 388g raw liver)||2.70 g||417.96|
|Chicken, liver, all classes, cooked, simmered|