A low-carb diet means you eat fewer carbohydrates and a higher proportion of fat. This is often called a low-carb, high-fat diet (LCHF). Most importantly, you minimise your intake of sugar and starches. You can eat other delicious foods until you are satisfied – and still lose weight.
The Pork sausage Frittata is a quick and easy recipe that takes about 30 minutes to prepare.
- 4 pork sausages
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 150g pumpkin, peeled, cubed and blanched
- 10g flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 cup full-cream milk
- 1 cup double cream yoghurt
- 6 jumbo eggs
- Himalayan salt and black pepper
- serve with flat-leaf parsley
- serve with chopped rosa tomatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Place the pork sausages, feta, pumpkin and parsley in the base of an ovenproof dish.
2. In a jug, whisk the mustard, milk, yoghurt and eggs together and season well. Pour over the ingredients in the dish and bake for 30–40 minutes, or until set.
3. To serve: Cool slightly, then serve with parsley and tomatoes.
- Serves 4