Cedar Wood Blocks Hanging
Cedar blocks natures repellant.
Cedar wood is nature’s very own secret insect repellent and has been used for centuries to repel cockroach’s moths, fish moths, fleas and mildew by both humans and trees! Unlike the harsh, poisonous smell of moth balls or insecticides, cedar wood is non-toxic, and smells absolutely divine. Snuggle these pieces of pure cedar wood with convenient hooks amongst your clothes in your wardrobe, for peace of mind that they’re protected by the natural aromatic oils in the wood.
- 2 x blocks of 100% natural American Red Cedar Wood with convenient brass hooks
- Hang amongst your clothes
- Dimensions: each block is approx. 12cm (length) x 4cm (breadth) x 1cm (thickness)
Cedar wood releases aromatic compounds that naturally protect against and repel:
- fish moths/silver fish
- An array of other insects
Why cedar wood
- Beautiful, fresh, natural fragrance
- Non-toxic and natural as opposed to poisonous moth balls and insecticides which could be carcinogenic
- Repels instead of killing insects so you won’t have dead insects to contend with
- Antibacterial and antifungal
- Last for years (which makes them economical too)
- Pet friendly
- Eco-friendly – cedar wood is not endangered
The average lifespan of American Red Cedar trees is 150 years (with a potential lifespan of 850 years) and their antibacterial and insect repelling properties are one of the secrets to their longevity, making them resistant to insects like termites, fungus or bacteria.
How to use them
- Use 1 hanging block per 60cm of wardrobe
To reactivate your cedar wood, simply sandpaper them with fine grit sandpaper every 6 – 12 months.
12cm x 4cm x 1cm