Kuro-Bo Natural Charcoal Water Filter
More and more South Africans are welcoming this special water filter into their health-conscious homes. Kuro-Bo Activated Charcoal is the first and only 100% plastic-free, natural and recyclable water filter in Africa. Activated charcoal, or Binchotan, has been used for centuries in Japanese culture to filter and purify water. The charcoal attracts positively-charged toxins and heavy metals, and draws them out of the water, while depositing beneficial minerals into the water. Activated charcoal also balances the water’s pH. A single stick of Kuro-Bo charcoal can give you up to 3 months of cleaner, healthier, better-tasting water.
Key benefits of your Kuro-Bo charcoal filter:
- Simple, cartridge-free design
- Removes bacteria (e.Coli)
- Purifies ordinary tap water in a 100% eco-friendly way
- Draws out toxins & chemicals, including chlorine, lead & mercury
- Balances the water’s pH level
- Enriches every glass of water with minerals like calcium & magnesium
- Improves the taste of your tap water
- 1 charcoal stick lasts up to 3 months
- Sticks & packaging are 100% recyclable
- Charcoal sticks also make excellent dehumidifiers & deodorisers in damp areas of your home
- Used charcoal sticks can be repurposed as garden fertiliser
- Remove the Kuro-Bo stick from its packaging & boil it in a shallow pan of tap water for 10 minutes.
- Allow the stick to cool, then fill your water cooler or container with up to 2L of tap water. Insert the single Kuro-Bo stick. (For larger volumes of water, simply add more Kuro-Bo sticks.)
- For best results, allow the stick to rest for at least 6 – 8 hours or overnight, either at room temperature or in the fridge.
- After one month of daily use, Reactivate your charcoal stick. Simply boil it again for 10 minutes, allow it to cool, and reuse as before. Repeat again after 2 months of daily use.
- After 3 months of daily use, recycle & replace the stick.