YIELDS 4 Servings PREP TIME 20 mins COOK TIME 40 mins TOTAL TIME1 hr
- 12 deboned chicken thighs, cut into 3 and seasoned well with salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
for the pasta
- 600 g courgettes, sliced into ribbons with a potato peeler
- 3 tbsp butter
- Melt the butter in a large pan and brown the chicken until it is golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the onion, leek, celery and garlic to the pan and gently fry until they are soft.
- Add the white wine and let it simmer and reduce by half.
- Add the chicken stock and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Finally add the cream, dried herbs and mustard and let the sauce simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- To make the noodles: Melt the butter in a large frying pan and toss the courgette through. Keep frying until the courgettes are warmed through. This should be quite quick.
- Serve the chicken poured over the courgettes.
Source: Real Meal Revolution