Did You Know? In the wild, naturally occurring salt licks (or mineral licks) are found in the form of natural salty deposits. Animals living in nutrient-poor ecosystems will come from miles around, to lick the deposits and supplement their nutrient intake!
The minerals found in Himalayan salt include: boron, chromium, copper, fluoride, iodine, manganese, molybdenum, selenium and zinc.
Benefits of the Himalayan salt lick:
- Safe for wildlife, pets & livestock
- A rich source of trace minerals
- Helps to prevent mineral deficiencies in animals
- Improves hydration & mineral balance
- Supports hormonal balance
- No risk of “overdosing”; animals will stop licking once they get the amount their bodies need
Available in two sizes:
- Small: 2-3kg
- Medium: 3-5kg
Hang your Himalayan crystal salt lick in the stable or on a fence at the height of the animal’s mouth. Keep it in a place where the animal has easy access to it day and night.
Please Note: Keep the Himalayan crystal salt lick out of rainy weather, as rain will dissolve the salt over time.