Spicy roast cauliflower in lettuce cups can be used as a side dish or a nice starter.
- 1/3 cup melted ghee
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 pinch of dried crushed chilli flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 red onion
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup double cream, plain yoghurt
- coriander leaves
- 25g fresh coconut, grated and toasted
- 1/2 cup Westfalia Avocado Oil
- Preheat oven to 210 C. Place ghee, turmeric, curry powder, cinnamon, coriander seeds, mustard seeds and chilli flakes in a bowl. Season, mix well to combine. Slice cauliflower into florets. Add florets and cut the onion into wedges to the spice mix and stir well to coat.
- Place on an oven tray; roast for 15 minutes or until crispy and cooked.
- To serve: Divide lettuce leaves and top with curried cauliflower and a dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkling of toasted coconut.