If you follow a ketogenic diet plan, you probably know that the main source of energy should come from fat. Fat bombs are easy snacks high in healthy fats and very low in carbs and protein. They are great for those who find it difficult to include more healthy fats in their diet.
These taste just like strawberry cheesecake ice-cream and have a very creamy texture. If you are dairy intolerant, try coconut milk instead of cream cheese and coconut oil instead of butter. Although I haven’t tried this dairy-free version, I’m sure that creamed coconut milk and coconut oil works equally well.
1/2 cup = 120 ml = 2.5 oz = 70 g strawberries, fresh or frozen
3/4 cup = 180 ml = 5.3 oz = 150 g cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup = 60 ml = 2 oz = 60 g butter or coconut oil, softened
2 tablespoons = 0.7 oz = 20 g powdered erythritol OR 10–15 drops liquid stevia
1 vanilla bean OR 1/2–1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Place the cream cheese and butter cut into small pieces in to a mixing bowl. Leave at room
temperature for 30–60 minutes until softened. Make sure the butter is softened, otherwise it will be
difficult to mix and achieve a smooth texture. Do not microwave the butter – the mixture needs to
2. Meanwhile, wash the strawberries and remove the green parts. Place them into a bowl and mash
using a fork or place in a blender for a smooth texture.
3. Add the powdered Erythritol (or stevia), vanilla extract and mix well. Before you mix the strawberries
with the remaining ingredients, make sure they have reached room temperature.
4. Add to the bowl with softened butter and cream cheese.
5. Use a hand whisk or food processor and mix until well combined.
6. Spoon the mixture into small muffin silicon molds or candy molds. Place in the freezer for about 2
hours or until set.
7. When done, ununmold the fat bombs and place into a container. Keep in the freezer and enjoy anytime