A chicken recipe for those that are banting. This scrumptious, low carb recipe is easy to make and even the amateur cook will have no problems putting it together.
Vegetables should be your bulk-food and this means that you must try to have veggies with every meal, we suggest serving brocolli with this recipe. Green vegetables are always the best.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- Himalayan salt and back pepper
For the stuffing:
- 40g rocket, chopped
- 120g feta cheese, crumbled
- 50g pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 8 slices streaky bacon
- coconut oil, for frying
- rocket and pomegranate rubies, to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Place one chicken breast at a time between two pieces of muslin cloth and gently pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until doubled in size and flattened. Season.
- For the stuffing: Mix the stuffing ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste.
- Divide the stuffing between the chicken breasts and roll up. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each breast and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken rolls for 2-3 minutes or until the bacon layer is golden.
- Place the chicken rolls in a baking dish and roast for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
To serve remove toothpicks, slice the chicken rolls and serve with vegetables such as broccoli and vine tomatoes. Garnish with rocket and pomegranate rubies.
Source: Lose It Recipe: Bridget Hill Image: Judith Hannemann