Bone marrow is easily available from our local supermarkets or butcheries. It’s composed mostly of fat with a high amount of fat soluble vitamins and is an item that is really highly valued by all traditional cultures over the world.
- 8 marrow bones
- Himalayan salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 100g softened butter
- 5g chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove minced garlic
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. Wrap foil around the base of each marrow bone and place on an oven roasting tray. Season well and dollop a small amount of ghee onto each bone.
3. Roast the bones in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
4. For the herb garlic butter: Mix the butter, parsley and one minced clove of garlic together and season to taste.
5. To serve: Top hot marrow bones with herb garlic butter and serve with a simple salad of your choice.
Amount Per 100 grams
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 84 g||129%|
|Total Carbohydrate 0 g||0%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
Source: Lose It