Moringa is a superfood plant that originates from the Himalayas in India. This plant is a powerhouse of minerals, vitamins, amino acids and antioxidants and it is used medicinally in traditional medicine to treat a myriad of conditions.
In addition to its medicinal properties when used internally, Moringa also has profound effects on skin health.
Here are 6 health benefits of Moringa on the skin.
1. Skin needs a good supply of nutrients to maintain optimal health. Moringa provides skin nutrients like calcium, vitamin A, B, C, D, E; minerals like copper, iron, zinc, magnesium, silica and manganese.
2. Moringa contains powerful anti-oxidant compounds which work against the effect of free radicals on human skin which leads to wrinkles, dullness and aging. Using Moringa on skin helps to reduce signs of aging and it delivers anti-aging vitamins C and A to the skin through it’s highly absorbable oil.
3. It contains the mineral sulphur which is the key ingredient for collagen and keratin, the substances which give the skin their elasticity, flexibility and strength. These two substances make up the majority of skin.
4. Moringa has the ability to purify your skin by removing impurities deep within your skin and detoxifying and rejuvenating it. It improves your skin tone and leaves your skin feeling nourished.
5. It is a healing emollient and powerful cleansing agent which makes it perfect for deep cleansing skin washes and lotions. It is useful to use a cleansing product with Moringa in it in this modern age because it helps to protect the skin from environmental pollution and smog.
6. Moringa is incredibly moisturising and helps dry and rough skin feel softer and smoother. This is due to its Vitamin E content which is also very healing for skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis.